In daily life, we often encounter occasions where we need to add other components to the wall, door panel, etc., such as hanging pictures, mirrors, and hooks. In these cases, in addition to fixing with nails, more and more owners use nail-free glue to stick.
Nail-free glue is a kind of multi-functional construction adhesive with strong bonding force. It is simple and convenient to use, free of punching and nailing, and is especially suitable for occasions where nailing and fixing are not suitable.At present, there are many types of nail-free glue on the market and the prices are different. Many owners will have some doubts, how to distinguish and select suitable nail-free glue products?
(1) First, clarify the application requirements of nail-free glue
- Larger bonding strength: strong gel strength, strong bonding, durable and aging resistance
- Wide bonding range: can cover common materials in daily life
- Green and environmental protection: no formaldehyde volatilization, low VOC content
- Non-corrosive and non-polluting substrate: non-corrosive metal materials in contact, non-polluting stone, wood, ceramic tiles, wallboards, etc.
(2) Main types of nail-free glue on the marketSolvent type
1.Solvent type: such as neoprene, SBS rubber, etc. It dissolves the polymer that no longer undergoes chemical reaction in the solvent, and relies on the volatilization of the solvent to increase its solid content and form a solidification.
2.Chemical reaction type: such as silicone glue, MS glue, etc. This type of product relies on absorbing water vapor in the air to cause the prepolymer in the colloid to undergo a cross-linking reaction, and the molecular weight continues to increase to form a solidification.
(3) The difference between a variety of nail-free glue
- Adhesion: For ceramic tile glaze, aluminum alloy, stainless steel, glass and other substrates, MS glue and silicon
- Shear strength: The strength of MS glue after 24h, the strength after curing for 7 days, and the strength after aging at 70℃ are all stronger than silicone rubber, neoprene rubber and SBS rubber.
- Pollution: MS glue is an oil-free system, while low-priced silicone glue on the market contains oil, which easily contaminates the substrate during use.
- Environmental protection: The chemical reaction type has lower VOC content than the solvent type, and the solvent type releases harmful substances such as benzene and toluene. In addition, because some low-priced silicone rubber contains oil, its volatile organic compounds are higher than that of MS rubber.
(4) Construction method
The nail-free glue can be constructed by point sticking or vertical sticking. The gap between the glue strips during the glueing process is beneficial to the curing of the nail-free glue.
In summary, MS nail-free adhesive has the characteristics of green environmental protection, no pollution to the substrate, high bonding strength, and good durability. It has more advantages in the application of nail-free bonding in home furnishings.